We love some couscous in our house. I usually make it as a side to a meal, but decided to try something a little different this time around. I’m glad I did! This recipe is delicious and filling but still ‘light’ on the stomach.
I think it’s perfect for summer!
When I started making this, I was not expecting to post a recipe for it, so I don’t have a nice shot of all the ingredients together. There are a few parts to the recipe, but I promise it is NOT a complicated meal to put together!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sliced thin
- Seasoning: 1 tsp garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Saute in medium pan with 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 package Couscous
- Prepare per directions on the box, set to side
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- feta cheese
- Dressing: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 Tbsp honey
First, start sauteing the chicken & cook the couscous.
While those are going, mix your onion, cucumber, tomato, & basil together in a medium bowl.
I used a mandolin slicer for my onions so I got really thin slivers.
Stir the chicken every few minutes. Once it is cooked, turn the heat to low.
Stir together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
Once the couscous is finished, add it to your vegetable mix & stir.
Add the dressing to your mixture & stir well.
To serve, put the couscous mixture in your bowl, top with feta & chicken.
Now, enjoy the amazingness!
For my 21 Day Fixer’s: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 green, 1 blue